Only adults are admitted. Nobody younger than 18 can hire or listen to Psykhomantus in the club or your speakers with this rating. The DJ under this category do not have limitation on the bad language that is used. Hard Beats are generally allowed, and strong Scratchin/Beat Juggling along with Body Tricks activity is also allowed. Scenes of strong real sex may be permitted if justified by a fly groupie.

Sunday 9 November 2014

On The Q&A Tip with Askem




Psykhomantus: Okay, first thing I wanna say is you've got some dope skills with the art work. My first question is where are you from and what you do for a living?

Askem: I am from London and am a full time artist.

P: When did you get into art. What or who was your first take on this skill that made you want to take part?

A: Always interested in art but really took it up as a serious career 2 years ago

P: Judging by your work, it's safe to say that you are really into the Hip Hop culture. When did first get into the culture?

A: Around 1984 listening to likes of cold crush brothers, furious five main influence was/is Public Enemy


P: Most Hip Hop artists or groups have cool logos that fit their image. Can you name 5 Rap Artist/Group logos that you rate and why?

A: Thats a hard one as I am bias so I would only mention 2 1st being Public Enemy -logo epitomizes the b boy culture and also makes powerful political statement 2ns being Zulu nation logo as it signifies a great deal of unity and oneness
P: If you could redesign an album cover, which one would it be?

A: yo bum rush the show Public Enemy

P: What would you say is your best work?

A: Work I enjoy the most I would say is the public enemy pieces I have done,for technical ability maybe Gil Scott Heron piece or RZA

P: Is there a art work that you've done and said to yourself that you could of done that better?

A: Always!! I am critical of everything I do and always think there is room for improvement, a piece of work could be endless if you allow it to,it is about just having that point in your mind though where you go 'done'

P: Name 5 artists whose deadly with the art skills that you rate and why?

A: For me there is only 3 that I hold in esteem
Dali` - for me an artist who's work can take you on a complete journey of the mind through, an unparalleled artist
Herge`- Creator of Tin Tin, exciting and iconic work that was major influence on me as a child
Warhol- Influenced by more the man than the work, Warhol's ability to produce en mass is what strikes me most, the sheer volume of work is something to aspire to

P: Dangerous Question: Is there an artist you feel is wack with the pen?

A: Art is a gift so I wouldn't put any artist on blast, I think it is about the intention more than the skill. if you have the right intentions as an artist and respect the craft I think that counts for a lot, those who don't are not worth mentioning


P: Last question. What will we be expecting in the future from you?

A: Some very exciting projects with some Hip Hop gods, and the continued visual embodiment of Hip Hop itself.

Check out more of Askem art work on at www.a5kem.com

No comments:

Post a Comment