Only adults are admitted. Nobody younger than 18 can hire or listen to Psykhomantus in the club or your speakers with this rating. The DJ under this category do not have limitation on the bad language that is used. Hard Beats are generally allowed, and strong Scratchin/Beat Juggling along with Body Tricks activity is also allowed. Scenes of strong real sex may be permitted if justified by a fly groupie.

Sunday 9 November 2014

On The Q&A Tip with Kimba (of Union Blak)


On The Q&A Tip with Kimba

Psykhomantus: Can you introduce yourself, tell us where your from and what do you do? Just for the readers to know the deal.

Kimba: Peace Peace I’m Kimba aka The Kernel an emcee, writer, and businessman, one half of the rap group Union Blak. I’m originally from Trenton, New Jersey, lived in Kentucky, now living London.

Psykhomantus: When and what year did you get into Hip Hop?

K: I started rhyming in ‘97’ , started recording in ‘99’. I got into hip hop off Ghostface’s All That Got Is You, Nas’ If I Ruled The World, The Roots’ What They Do, BlackStar, Canibus, & Common.

P: What inspires you to write your rhymes?

K: I’m inspired to rhyme by the idea that I could contribute to somebody’s life by saying something intelligent, artistic, heartfelt, & God inspired.

P: I met you thought Sir Williams, your work mate from Union Blak, how did you two meet, and how did Union Blak start?

K: We met through myspace in like ‘06’. We did a few songs. Then a few others. The chemistry was good. So a few songs turned into a catalog of songs that could be used for an album.

P: How did you feel after hearing the Blak Friday sampler I mixed together?

K: When any DJ you respect supports your work & acknowledges it as being nice it gives you a real boost. And that’s exactly what your sampler did. To hear a reputable dj cutting up & getting busy on your records is a great honor. So we really appreciated that.

P: Is there a performance that you've done and said to yourself that you could of done that better?

K: There are several performances I know I could’ve done better in. But Boom Bap Festival 2013 is one I definitely would have liked to have done better.

P: If you could pick two other groups or artist to go on a super tour with you who would they be?

K: Two groups or artists I’d tour with would be The Roots & Common.

P: Name 5 rap duo's you think is a perfect match?

K: Five rap duo’s I think are perfectly matched are:
1. Red & Meth
2. M.O.P
3. Pete & C.L.
4. Gangstarr
5. Mos Def & Kweli
6. Mobb Deep
7. EPMD

P: Dangerous Question: Is there an MC you feel that should just give it up.

K: Nah I don’t really look at emcees like they should give it up. I see it as they just need more time to develop or a better sense of direction.

P: Last question. What will we be expecting in the future from you?

K: From me in the future people can expect Union Blak’s next album Street English.


No comments:

Post a Comment